Campfire Nachos: How To Make Them In a Cast Iron Skillet?
- 1 8oz bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 sliced jalapeños
- Cilantro (optional)
- Salsa, sour cream, and guacamole
- This hearty camping food is all about layers. So take your cast iron skillet (10 inches will do just fine) and start layering with tortilla chips. Add around 1/3 of the pack, then add 1/3 of the shredded cheese, half of your olives, and half of the green onions.
- Make another layer only using tortilla chips and cheese, 1/3 of each ingredient.
- Then finish your cast iron nachos with the remaining tortilla chips, cheese, olives, and onion. Sprinkle some jalapeños on top and cover the skillet with tin foil.
Pro tip: If there are kids camping, you may want to split the nachos and cook them in two separate skillets. Make one spicy for adults, and one mild for kids.
Sometimes finding camping meal ideas might be tricky. All you want is food that wouldn't require a lot of ingredients, nor equipment that you would need to scrub for days after your trip. However, you also don't want to compromise on taste. That is where this campfire nachos recipe comes in!
A good campfire nachos recipe can really be a lifesaver. This quick recipe takes almost no time, can be customized with whatever you have on hand and only needs one piece of cookware!
Wrap up your campfire nachos in foil easily cook them on fire or grill using cast iron skillet. Prepare your taste buds for crunchy nachos, veggies, and mouthwatering melted cheese. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and any other toppings of your choice.
How long to bake nachos
It doesn't take long for your nachos to be ready. Simply put it on fire or medium heat grill for 10-15min. All you need is for the cheese to melt and voilà, you can serve it to your family. Enjoy with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and other toppings of your choice.
If you enjoyed our recipe, check out our other cast iron skillet recipes you can try out on your next camping trip! For example, this breakfast skillet with eggs and bacon is both delicious and can be easily done at the campfire!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.