Chicken Stir Fry: Simple and Delicious
This easy chicken stir fry is a complete meal, with protein, veggies and a homemade stir fry sauce. It can be served over rice or you can go for a carb-free option with only meat and full of healthy vegetables. Stir fry sauce plays a key role in this recipe and it can be mixed up in less than ten minutes having the right ingredients on hand.
Before you start cooking a Chinese stir fry we recommend to prepare your cast iron pan and chop all your ingredients.
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 tablespoon ghee butter or olive oil
- 250 grams of chicken fillet
- 300 grams of broccoli
- 1 large carrot
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cups cooked rice
If you want to add more flavor to the stir fry recipe, you can use coconut oil for frying. For some Asian flavor, add some ginger or a dash of lemon juice with a pinch of sugar. There are also many more vegetable options to add in the chicken stir fry such as mushrooms, zucchini, or sweet peas! For the vegetarian option, replace the meat with chickpeas or green beans.
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 0.5 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/5 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
We also used red bell peppers and carrots as well as onion for the taste, nutrients, and color. These are the best stir fry ingredients, but let's not forget to cook rice also! Now, when you have all the ingredients ready, let's move to the step by step guide of how to make stir fry.
- Chop the chicken and vegetables.
- Make an easy stir fry sauce by combining and whisking all sauce ingredients in a small jar. Set aside.
- For about 4 mins cook the cubed chicken in the hot pan on a dash of ghee butter or olive oil. Don't forget to stir when cooking. When it is done, transfer the chicken to a clean plate.
- Heat up the skillet again and add remaining butter or olive oil. Add sliced carrots and onion and cook everything for 2 minutes. Then add broccoli and bell pepper and continue stir-frying for another 3 minutes.
- Now add the chicken back to the skillet. Again whisk the stir fry sauce and stir it in the chicken and veggies. Cook everything for another 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked rice and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this chicken stir fry recipe, feel free to check out our other cast iron skillet recipes, like chicken pad thai or pan fried pork chops!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.